Sunday, September 14, 2014
Sunday, August 31, 2014
As the morning rises and coffee's drank the feeling of exhaustion still remains.
We sit outside waiting to rise hoping motivation moves us to get through this day.
As time clicks by we've missed the day the moon has now rolled in and of course the kids finally want to play
So much for showers and all the plans we had we'll just stare at the stars and until it's time for bed.
As I lay here hoping for motivation in the days to come I finally realize that hey sometimes it's great to just sit and be a bum
Saturday, April 23, 2011
- The student is now required to get get a signature from each teacher throughout the day showing if class work is complete and homework was assigned or not.
- The student is required to attend a lunch study lab during lunch break for 30 min to work on past due assignments, a time in/out stamp is to be stamped in the binder reminder as well for each of the 5 days.
- After school tutoring is now set to help complete past/future homework assignments this is scheduled Tues, Weds, Thurs, after school from 2pm-3pm, and again a time in/out is to be stamp in the binder reminder for each of these 3 days.
- Then Friday after school, the student has a set appointment with the principal to review each of the 33 signatures that were required throughout the week along with review of any comments his teacher might have.
Friday, April 15, 2011
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. chili powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
Several drops hot pepper sauce
- turn on a few t.v.'s in the house, at least 1 on sports for the sports junkies like me and 1 on the news for the stories to help give topics of conversation.
- Turn on radio lightly in the background, you don't wont to make people scream to talk with each otherpic a neutral station that fits the crown.
- Last but not least don't forget to send dad a plate!!!!
Thursday, April 14, 2011
I am a recent single parent of 2 living in the L.A. area. I have only lived in CA for about 2 years now. Due to the economy being what it im in dire need of things to due that cost very little to entertain my kids. Please help! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Well Recent Single Parent,
I do understand the need for budgeting with today’s economy being what it is. Having kids myself I feel I must stress the importance of continuing on day to day operations at home not letting the children feel the tightness that surrounds the most of today’s wallets.
As I was thinking a a good response my daughter came to me saying “ Lets go have fun outside today”!
I grabbed my laptop and immediately went on a search for things to do in LA that cost little to nothing. With an extravagant end that would leave two nuclear power plants drained at the end. It is truly amazing what I found: " Griffith Park "
Griffith Park offers so many amazing attractions for a cost that is very appealing to any parent living in today’s economy, FREE! So I grabbed my keys and headed out the door.
Griffith Park www.lacity.org/rap/dos/parks/griffithpk/
Griffith Observatory www.griffithobservatory.org/
A spectacular place for kids as well as adults to visit, with displays and attractions that include Stars, planets, pictures, and things you can touch and of course things you cannot. This is a must for any person wanting to spend the day dreaming in the sky.
Open Tuesday-Friday 12:00 noon to 10:00 p.m.
Open Saturday-Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Closed on Mondays
The fun started as we headed to the observatory were we walked for hours looking at stuff I never even knew existed, as I walked out the front door I caught myself staring to the sky with that child hood thought of what it must be like to be an Astronaut. I felt a tingle inside as I held my daughters close and walked to the car.
Picnicking at Griffith Park
At Griffith Park you get your choice of 5 separate picnic locations; I cannot choose which one I had more fun at. Between the BBQ's, the kids playground areas, hiking (we went for a walk), they offer swimming, this is just an amazing place!
We then drove down to the picnic area where I pulled out some BBQ supplies from the trunk and had lunch. The girls were too busy playing at the playground to even notice I had put out cookies and juice boxes for them.
Griffith Park Travel Town www.gprah.com/index.htm
After lunch we drove down the road a little further and stopped at Travel Town. Man what a place!!! From the time we entered the gates the kids made sure I knew just how excited they really were. From the screams to the jumping up and down they were happy to be here. After riding the cool miniature train, around the entire park of Travel Town,
We walked around the park, (actually I walked they ran), climbed on top, in, and out of many full size trains. I could not help but notice the many birthday parties surrounding the trains. I could only imagine what is going through the mind of a child when they find out they get to have a birthday party here, wow!
All this in one great place, all for under a dollar? That's right I spent $0.00 from 8am until 4:30pm it's all free. From Parking to entrance, it's FREE!
Until our next trip,
"it's better to have Loved and Lost, than to never Loved at all"